Multiple Hours | Singapore: 11 subsidiaries of Grindrod Shipping will be subject to a voluntary liquidation operation
Extraordinary general meetings to adopt several resolutions for the subsidiaries of Grindrod Shipping Pte, based in Singapore. Ltd took place on Monday June 20, according to notices dated Thursday June 30 published in the Official Gazette.
The companies concerned are:
- IVS Bulk 430 Qt. ltd. (registration number: 201110834D)
- IVS Bulk 462 Qt. ltd. (registration number: 201015020H)
- IVS Bulk Carriers Pte. ltd. (registration number: 200902094C)
- IVS Bulk Own Pte. ltd. (registration number: 200901631D)
- Unicorn Caspian Pte. ltd. (registration number: 201110907M)
- Unicorn Ionia Pte. ltd. (registration number: 201015034E)
- Unicorn Malacca Pte. ltd. (registration number: 201114304W)
- Unicorn Marmara Pte. ltd. (registration number: 201110917E)
- Unicorn Ross Pte. ltd. (registration number: 201015176M)
- Unicorn Scotia Pte. ltd. (registration number: 201110918R)
- Unicorn Tanker Operations (434) Pte. ltd. (registration number: 201014972H)
Here are the resolutions duly adopted:
AS SPECIAL RESOLUTIONS
- That the Company be voluntarily liquidated pursuant to section 160(1)(b) of the Insolvency, Restructuring and Dissolution Act 2018 (Act 40 of 2018).
- That the liquidators are and are hereby authorized to exercise any of the powers provided for in sections 144(1)(b), (c), (d), (e), (f) and (g) of the Insolvency, Restructuring and Dissolution Act 2018 (Act 40 of 2018).
- That the Liquidators are and are hereby authorized to distribute to the Members of the Company in cash or cash the excess assets of the Company, as the Liquidators may determine.
AS ORDINARY RESOLUTIONS
- That Mr. Juay Sze Sin and Ms. Shirley Lim Guat Hua, of Complete Corporate Services Pte Ltd, are hereby appointed joint and several liquidators of the Company for the purposes of this liquidation.
- That the remuneration of the liquidators be based on their normal scale in carrying out the liquidation of the Company, and that such remuneration and disbursements reasonably and properly incurred be paid out of the assets of the Company.
According to its website, Grindrod Shipping is an international shipping company that owns, charters and operates a fleet of dry bulk carriers and has a medium range tanker.
The company operates globally under two key brands – Island View Shipping (IVS) and Unicorn Shipping.
IVS focuses on transporting dry bulk cargo such as minerals, coal, ores and agricultural products, while Unicorn Shipping focuses on transporting liquid chemicals and clean petroleum products.
Photo credit: Scott Graham on Unsplash
Posted: June 20, 2022